Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Piggies

Alex has a two-tailed mullet right now and I can't bring myself to cut it because it's PERFECT for piggies! This is her on grandma and grandpa's swing...being a big girl (I was right there). I think she was kind of scared which is odd for her since she pretty much is fearless. I love the look on her face in both pictures.
She is so much fun right now - she is so funny, holds her tongue out, talks ALL the itme in her little jibber-jabber and is just growing up so fast.


Most kids would be chasing the bubbles, but Alex is more curious about HOW the bubbles are created. Mont and Julia have a battery operated bubbles machine which would amuse most kids, but Alex was more concerned with the machine, sticking her hands in and taking the bubbles in the eyes and mouth! Silly girl!!

I haven't been very diligent about blogging lastely, I broke our camera and so I haven't had many pics to post. I am holding out for a nice Pentax or Canon or whatever is the best deal. Hopefully soon! I have also been busy doing a Parade Home, designing and decorating it. It will be done July 23rd for judging and I am excited to see it all come together, but I am also excited to have time to enjoy summer.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Chris and Mel! Alex is gorgeous! I can't believe how fast she's growing. Hope to see you guys when we come in July!

kara jayne said...

Both my girls have had to sport the pig tail mullet. Although, right now, Nora constantly pulls them out. I was so excited to see a new post. I'm sure from what you say about Alex that she and NOra would be fast friends! I was looking through some of my old pictures for a project i am doing and there were some great ones of you. If I get to it I will scan them in and email them to you. Where should I send them? My email is karajaynekelly at gmail dot com! Also, I didn't know you were into design?! Now you need to come visit me in AZ and help me decorate my house..........I'm not kidding! I need major help! Take care, glad to hear from you. Email me your home address too if that's okay. I need to update my christmas card list!

Likely said...

Hi Kirklands! How fun to see your cute family Chris! Where are you guys living anyway?

I had to laugh at the whole baby with a mullet thing. My son Max was totally born with a mullet and we didn't cut it until we blessed him. It got pretty gross though because we can't do pigtails or pony tails....

take care!

Kari said...

Hi Mel-
Those are such cute pictures of Alex!! It was a lot of fun seeing your family on the 4th of July. I decided to take your advice and start a blog page for our family. If you want to check it out-here's the link....
theschwitzers.blogspot.com

Lisa Cannon said...

Hey Mel! I found your blog through Kara Kelly and I found hers through Sarah Mansell. It is a small world. It is so fun to read your blog. How is you mother in law? I had no idea. I just started a blog marklisacannon.blogspot.com. I'm adding you to my friends that blog!! Talk to you soon!!

kara jayne said...

I'm ready for a new post from you! How are you?

Lisa Cannon said...

You don't need to post pictures for a new entry in your blog. You need to announce your impending arrival!!! I went to your house for the Parade and LOVED IT. Mark and I walked in and said, "this is totally us"!! I need your help, I want to re-do my family room and get fun light blue couches or a sectional and some fun chairs. Any ideas??? Call me!