Sunday, October 21, 2007

wish I were a kid again...

... because you are always innocent of EVERYTHING...atleast when you act like it...
...you don't care about getting cold, wet or dirty or really in trouble for that matter...
...the simplest of things intrigue you and you are always discovering new things...
...and you REALLY are Daddy's little girl. Does anyone ever miss childhood? It was nice and carefree but also hard and complicated at times. I am happy where I am at, but I love watching Alexandra grow and learn and find the smallest things to make her laugh. My friend Kara said she kisses and hugs her kids 1000 times a day, I think I'm right there with her, I can't get enough of Alex sometimes.

2 comments:

kara jayne said...

Mel, these exact thoughts hit me like a ton of bricks with my first. It was so fun to rediscover the wonder of the world through her eyes. It happens still every once in a while with the others, but it's not as significant as it was with Ella.

I so wish I could see the world through those eyes every day. I think we adults just need to slow down and appreciate the here and now. thanks for reminding me how great that is.

The Thomas Family said...

DEFinitely! Childhood is so carefree and fun. I wish I could just let go of all my stresses and worries and just PLAY! Benson wants me to, so I'm getting better at it. :)