Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Heartsick


Last night was SUCH a disappointment. For all you political peeps, I too was glued to the t.v waiting for Mitt to win more states. I was at the gym for part of the night when they announced he won North Dakota and Minnesota....I started feeling optimistic. My dear friend Marisa and I were talking about what an idiot Huckabee is, (sorry to those who like him!) I really feel that people can't look past the Mormon thing, which is really sad. And for Huckabee to be SO against Mitt - people of faith should unite! Shame on Mike! He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. McCain will probably end up losing to Hillary and the thought of her in the White House pains my soul. Are people stupid?? She is NOT capable of running this country.
There might be some good news, hopefully in 4 years Romney will run and voters will realize that he really can save us from an economic downturn, the illegal immigrant problem, socialized medicine and increased TAXES!!! I hope I haven't offended anyone - thanks for hearing me rant on about things.

4 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

I feel the exact same way! I was hoping he'd win. I don't think I could stand to listen to McCain refer to everyone as "my friends". He starts many sentences with that introduction. I would much rather have Obama than Hillary. She drives me CRAZY! Bummer!!

kara jayne said...

Mel, you need to read this article. I can't believe it's still this way!!
http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/080207mitt.html

Jay and Bec said...

I voted for him!! So sad that people can't look past his religion! He would do a great job.

Julie said...

I am so bummed too. And now that he has official suspended his campaign it makes it even harder. At first I thought it totally cliche to pull for him just because he was mormon. And even though I think he was the best man for the job, I think it is okay that I pull for him just because he was Mormon. He had the same beliefs and standards that I do and I trust that. Oh well it just wasn't his time. He is still very young and could do this all over again!!