Monday, April 14, 2008

2nd time around and some favorite pics!

Love this smiling baby! Ok, so it really is true that the second time around is easier! I am a witness to it. I'm not as tired, my body has healed quicker and I've lost the baby weight quicker (still have Alex baby weight though...) and I pretty much don't feel like I gave birth 8 days ago. It might have something to do with how small Samantha was, and look at that small head. Alexandra's head was bigger and well, got stuck! Sam kinda slid out.
Faker for the picture, but cute nonetheless - Chris loves his girls!
Alex loves Samantha, when cousin Bentley came over the other day the first thing Alex said to her was "look!" and she was pointing to her baby sister. It was like, 'look, I got one too!
Since Samantha's arrival, Alex is more of a ragga-muffin...I just can't keep up some days. Me or her, I go with me showering!
Post pregnancy brain? Sorry for the double picture. This baby LOVES to be held, I'm trying to soak it all in instead of being annoyed that I don't get much done. She is just happier when close to me and I love it. She is so sweet and smells so yummy and those cheeks, oh I just kiss them all the time!

20 comments:

kara jayne said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying this. She is so adorable. I'm sure Alex will be such a great big sis!!

♥Shally said...

Look at that SMILE!

My baby is getting big... :(

Lisa Cannon said...

What a darling smiling picture. What a doll!!! Sit back and relax and just enjoy this time. Who cares if you house is a mess, just be with your cute little girls. The time goes by way too fast!!!

Mama Williams said...

I can't believe you have a smiling pix yet! So sweet and what a doll. It was great to see you out enjoying the sunshine too. Amazing what a good delivery can do.

MEG said...

she is so cute, she is a little blondie!I love the one of her smiling, it makes me excited for my little babe, I hope it is easier this time around for me also!

dave&abby johnson family said...

She is beautiful! Congrats, what a blessing!

Elly said...

LOVE the photos! Sam is a doll. And I hear you on ragged big sisters. Luckily I cut Maggie's hair short the week before Becca was born or she would really be a fright.

Jeff and Diana said...

i love that pic of sam's smile! that was a perfect shot. she looks older there.

Kari said...

Mel, what a beautiful baby...Congrats!! I'm glad all went well and little Samantha is finally here. Love the name and the pic of her smiling. Where did that blonde hair come from?

candicetheresa said...

Thought I'd check the blog to see if she'd arrived. She's beautiful. So glad you went into labor on your own, so glad she slid out. Yay for everything about it! Congrats. Love,
Candice, Tim, Trent

laurav said...

That smile is so sweet!

Karyn said...

Mel, Congratulations on your newest little babe! She is beautiful! You look awesome, we can't wait to meet your little family!

holly said...

She is beautiful, Mel! I can't wait to meet her. I know I owe you a phone call... it's coming, I promise. Love you. H

Tami said...

Alex looks exactly like Chris!!
Cute pics of Samantha.

The Throops said...

Sam is a beautiful baby we can't wait to meet her in August. Congrats!

Kayley and Nate

The De Burghs said...

Congratulations! Cute pictures. Glad everything went well. That smiling picture (gas!?) is so cute!

Love, Aunt Ann

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Melanie...What a BEAUTIFUL family!
Your kids are Gorgeous and your hubby is a Hunk! All worth the wait!!
Amanda Foutz has kept me somewhat posted about you and your cute fam...But it was good to find your blog and see for myself how well you are doing.
We will have to all get together sometime and let the kiddies play.
When you are less sleep deprived and feel like getting dressed, lets get together....That may be never :), but when you are up for it, lets play!

Anonymous said...

Chris and Melanie- Congratulations! We haven't seen anyone in so long! So, many babies on both sides of our families we've missed! But, we hope we'll get out for a very needed vacation next year some time. We haven't even been to see Mike's parents since they moved up there two years ago. You have a cute family! Post some pictures on the family website, so we can enjoy them there too!! Stephenie

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

Oh my gosh your new baby is adorable! Congrats. -Macy

Kristy said...

Hey Melanie
Congrats on those cute kids! I am new at blogging but here is my site. http://snydfam.blogspot.com/
Kristy Snyder