Sunday, September 21, 2008

Learning and Lacking

This is me with a big smile on my face tonight for the things I learned and understood better. I'm talking about the Plan of Salvation. I taught Relief Society today on the very subject and was up until 1am reading an essay by Truman G. Madsen and discussing the topic with my hubby. It was so refreshing to feel alive as I studied and really understood the doctrine better - like it started applying to my life. I was fed. And because I was nourished by the word, I was weepy through my entire lesson! Oh well, the sisters are used to it, right? My attitude towards my trials has changed, I realize that I am not yet as Job - duh! And now my "thorns" seem really insignificant! Especially when compared to other people that are really suffering right now. I've been crying as I've been reading this blog and this blog over the last few weeks. I am blessed and I'm grateful for my health and the knowledge of the plan God has for me and for all of us. To learn more about my beliefs or to be enlightened, click here.


Now to complain. This is my crusty overtired face, well, it really looks way worse in person. I got 3 hours of sleep last night and couldn't fall asleep today while napping or atleast trying to nap. Because......


..this little cutie wakes up at the B-crack of dawn!!! Um yeah, 6 am comes in our room asking for milk. And she does that probably 4 times a week! Once she's up, she's ready to go. Not my genes.


And this cute baby has been sleeping through the night (finally!) the last 3 days but I don't feel it because of our early morning visitor! Oh the woes of being a mother to young children. Precious children. I am enjoying it. Really, even if the bags under my eyes would tell you otherwise. I love them and I love being a mother.

16 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh Mel you are so sweet, ad you are such a good Mom! Thanks for inspiring me today!

♥Shally said...

Yep. No sleep for mommies.

Your body gets used to it...

Sort of. :)

Julie said...

Even though you are sleep deprived you look awesome!!!

As for that lesson, we had it of course too, and it was great. It always is a good thing to be reminded of. However, our teacher was not as good as you were I am sure. We have some dry teachers. I secretly hope they read this comment so that maybe they will step it up a bit. But I am pretty sure that isn't going to happen. I am happy that you were "fed" yesterday. That is what Sundays are for!

Lisa said...

I'm bummed I wasn't able to hear your lesson in RS. I feel as though I've been lacking a lot spiritually lately, and it would have been nice to be able to sit in your class and soak that all in. Congrats on sam sleeping through the night! WOO!

Annie said...

I love being a mother too, but damn those early mornings!!!

Anonymous said...

Mel you look gorgous in your pics! You are so pretty like I always used to say :)

Sam and Josh said...

Sounds like you are a really inspirational teacher and as far as being a good mom, you sound like you are doing all the right things.

Aimee said...

Mel your face looks so thin. why can't you sleep at night? Your lucky your baby sleeps through the night!

Tibett said...

I love this post! That first picture of you is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Rina said...

Since my baby is almost 3-you'd think nights would be...well nights again. But now we are potty training & yes we've had one or two accidents or sometimes just bad dreams. Then the next thing I know Brittan will be dating...I'm wondering if I'll ever sleep a whole night again.

Michele said...

I just noticed a link to your blog on Darci Franco's blog...I know I haven't seen you in awhile and you look great! You look like you have lost a ton of weight. Good job!!
Hope all is going well. We think of you all the time, especially when we drive past the Daybreak Temple.

Mama Williams said...

O you crack me up! Butt crack of dawn! My sister uses that phrase often and she's just like you, NOT a morning person! You do look fabulous no matter how much sleep you get.

Jay and Bec said...

Yea! I was so glad to read your post- as I was just called to teach R.S., and I have to teach the lesson on the plan of Salvation in a couple of weeks. (I guess we are a bit behind). If you have any great insights that you would like to share, I would love to hear them. I taught on Sunday, and couldn't believe the preparation involved!

Mary said...

Mel!!!! I am so glad that you found mine and Eddie's blog! We miss you guys! I love the pictures on your cute blog and your sweet little girls are so adorable! You look great as always! We are in Texas still, but Eddie is planning on looking for new employment out of Texas in the next couple of months, so we'll see! Maybe back to Utah? Just kidding, I don't know, ha. Anyway, I'm adding you to our blog for sure, and tell Chris we said hi! Take care girl :)

Tiina said...

I have to teach that lesson next. Your blog has definately inspired me. Thank you.

Tiina said...

I have to teach that lesson next. Your blog has definately inspired me. What was the essay by Truman Madesen?