Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas Re-Cap

Alex with her Kirkland girl cousins, all dressed up in their pretty dresses. What a cheeser!
My cousin Elder (Zach) Thomas serving in my in-laws stake.
Alex took over Olivia's High School Musical microphone and started rocking out, it was hilarious and so precious - where did she learn that?
Daddy and Alex on Christmas morning.

It's been a while since I've blogged, kudos to all that kept it up during the holidays...I love looking at all your posts and pictures. We had one party after another (that explains the weight gain), it was so nice to be with everyone and have no drama, especially since I am pregnant and I'm way more sensitive and easily offended! It was just so pleasant to be with family and friends, they are so good to us. Alexandra got a pink kitchen from her grandma and grandpa and loves pretending all day. It has got her more interested in I am doing in the kitchen, she pulls a chair up to the counter when I am cooking to help and taste test. Two days ago she was observing me making cinnamon rolls and after I creamed the butter and sugar, she took her little finger to the beaters and had a taste and kept saying "nummy nums". She seems so grown-up some days and I look forward to it with the new baby coming, but at the same time she is still my baby and I am sad about that. I'm sure it will go away when her little sister comes and I will need her to help me with things or just be more self sufficient. Anyway, this was supposed to be a Christmas recap and not a lamenting about my baby.

We slept over at Chris's parents house two days before Christmas with all his siblings and kids, Alex had fun with her older boy cousins, chasing them around and pushing them. This sounds worrisome, but she gravitates to older boys! We went to church at his parents ward to hear Pres Packer speak and we ran into my cousin Zach serving in Cottonwood Heights...he's from Canada. He seemed so mature, just after 6 months of being out. Then we went over to my sister Tami's house and had a blast with all the kids in the morning as they saw what Santa brought them. It was nice to come home Christmas day to our own house and take a LONG nap. We love sleeping over at our family's houses and even though at times it seems hectic, it's nice to be with everyone and witness our neices and nephews excitement about Santa Claus!

4 comments:

♥Shally said...

Sounds like you had fun! I need to get the High School musical game-- love that movie. My twins are obsessed with it, we are actually watching it right now!

Lisa Cannon said...

It looks like you were busy and that you had a nice Christmas. So, did Chris get a new job? Where? Mark is still looking for him, too! You guys should come over, maybe next week. Call me!! Max would love to play with Alex!

Cheryl said...

Awesome pictures! Alex is such a cutie, you look great Mel! The other day a song popped in my head (so random) "Happy sad, happy sad, at the saaaaame time". It made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those one piece zip up pj's my c--k gets real hard hearing the sound the zipper makes as I pull it down knowing any second her bald little c--t will be fully exposed to enjoy