Monday, December 10, 2007

Yummy Goodness!

I made these Oh so yummy ginger snaps last Thursday - it made 6 DOZEN!! I froze about 2 dozen and gave 1 dozen away...so that left us with 3 dozen. Well, I think I've eaten 2 dozen just by myself (we took the frozen ones out to entertain friends Sat night - bad idea!) Igained 3 lbs since Friday - and I'm not happy one bit. I've been able to maintain my weight thus far into my pregnancy, but it's pretty easy when you start 20 lbs overweight! Well anyway, enough of my sad story - here's the recipe:

Ginger Snaps

1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
4 1/2 cups flour - gluten free flour works great too (that's what I used)
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and mollasses, mix well. Add dry ingredients. Roll into balls and roll in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375 for 10-12 minuntes - I did 9 minutes. Once cooled, dip one half into melted white chocolate!

3 comments:

♥Shally said...

Do you know what--- I tried to be so careful and not gain so much weight this last time. And guess what. I STILL GOT HUGE! I gained whether I ate salads or chocolate shakes. So enjoy what you like-- especially around the holidays! :)

Lisa Cannon said...

Those cookies look delicious. I just may have to make them on Saturday. That is Mark's off day of his diet - so, we look forward to Saturday at our house!!

Mel, who cares, you are pregnant and we all get fat during pregnancy. You are so beautiful!! I'm still fat and
I'm not prego!

Kelly Frye said...

Those cookies look yummy! I am going to have to try that recipe...thanks for posting it! Take care