Saturday, February 9, 2008

Distracted

Yesterday morning I while I was blogging, well, reading all your blogs I realized that Alex had left the office with a pen I had given her to draw with. It was only about 3 minutes, but really, 3 minutes is an eternity to a toddler. I walked into the family room to find this:





Now I realize the damage is pretty minimal considering all the time she had, but this was the 3rd time this week she had drawn on the sofa!!! The ironic thing is that last Saturday Chris and I were telling my mom how Alex isn't a destructive kid. I hope we didn't speak too soon! Thank goodness for micro-suede and Fels Napeth soap! She did however get one of these:
Little Stinker!!!

7 comments:

♥Shally said...

Nice... at least it wasn't marker, right? My niece found fingernail polish all over her house. Be grateful it wasn't that!! :)

Mrs. J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. J said...

Hi Melanie, Yes, it is me, Amy Jensen...I pop in here and there to see your blog. So fun...Now, I have a question about this product you mentioned...Fels something, for the suede couches...what is it and where can I get it?

Tami said...

I'm sure your sofa isn't the last thing she will draw on. Good luck, sometimes you just have to chuckle to yourself instead of cry.

Julie said...

We have had this happen many many times. In fact I just took some pictures of Owens purple hand prints on our stairs. I will post them on my blog soon.

Jeff and Diana said...

funny tam wrote that you have to chuckle because bentley just drew marker all over lauren's dresser two days ago. the day after she wrote that comment. kind of funny!

Stephanie ODea said...

Hi Melanie, thank you for your kind message. My 3yr old has celiac--we found out a bit over a year ago.

I wanted to give a shout out to microsuede! That stuff is amazing. A bit of wiping with a clorox wipe and it's all back to new.
Our couch has been through so much and still looks great. we get a lot of compliments, lol.
have a great night!
steph