Friday, April 4, 2008

Overdue and positive thinking

You will notice the baby ticker on my sidebar....it says 4 days to go...well that's 4 days past due!!!! I'm still here. Tried ALL the tricks. Nothing is working. She'll be here by the 8th, my doctor is making me get induced - obviously I know she has to come out sometime. As you can see, I am HUGE, all over...especially in the boobs!! Hello. I think the most frustrating thing for me is that my body may never go into labor on it's own, that is something I really wanted to experience. Also, I'm done being fat. I want to get on with it and feel cute again. I know the baby will be here and sleepless nights are around the corner, so in that regard I'm not too anxious. But it will be sweet to lay eyes on her and hold her and kiss her!


This morning I gave Chris his task list: CLEAN TOILETS, well I went in to relieve my teaspoon sized bladder and found this....

...it made me really smile. Props to the husband!! Cute eh?

I'm really trying to focus on the positive right now. I love my new wreath. Does anyone else get excited about home decor? I wish I had a bigger budget right now so I could go buck wild on decorating my house. It's pretty empty and most of what I do have is a temporary fix until I can get what I really want. But for now, I love opening my front door and seeing my wreath.


This of course is another positive thing that keeps me happy.....my sweet Alexandra! She is just getting into her princess shoes, and "rella" and of course, she STILL loves t.v hence the reason she wouldn't look at me and smile for the camera!



So graceful.

13 comments:

Tiina said...

Hand in there! Your wreath is beautiful!

Lisa Cannon said...

I can't believe you're still hanging in there. I thought for sure you had, in fact, I was just thinking that this morning.

I don't think I'll ever be able to go into labor on my own either. I always think I want to wait, but I get to the end and am so miserable, that I just schedule the induction.

Good luck - and tell Chris I love the tp. Can he come to my house and clean the toilets? Please?

♥Shally said...

And here I was waiting for a post about the new baby arriving!

SO sorry. I know that last month it sooo hard. 4 more days!!

You can do it!

Julie said...

First of all I do love the wreath! I change my door decor monthly. Very cute.
Second, you look fabulous. Hang in there. I have feeling you will go before tuesday. You cary high like I do, so bounce on an exercise ball with your hips spread a little bit. That might help the baby drop a little and stat things going. Yes, the boob are big. But they look hot and you already are cute!
Third- Does Alex call her dress ups her "rella"? That is what Avery called them. How funny. I thought it was a unique name. I guess Alex and Avery are on the same wave legnth!

Hang in there!!! Go eat lots and lots of ice cream!!! And some doughnuts, and a hamburger, and lots of french fries!!!! Ahhh and a big old Coke Slurpee!! Just do it for me please.

Cait said...

I was 4 days over due with Brooklyn, I feel your pain! Your just luck to know that you will have her with in 4 days!!! Love the wreath and Alex and Brooklyn are so similar! Seriously I think they love all the same things! I hope your next post is baby pictures, and thanks for the update I keep checking!

Elly said...

I hear you on feeling big! You look way cute, though. I'm not brave enough to post a picture of myself--I've never weighed so much before in my LIFE. They say no pregnancy lasts forever, but you begin to wonder don't you...

kara jayne said...

I totally feel your pain!!! My second was 11 days overdue, my third was only 2 days overdue, and Nora was 4days overdue! Just remember that IT WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN! You look awesome and your house is gorgeous. Please tell me you will come and visit me sometime and help me decorate my house. I'm not kidding either. SERIOUSLY!

Nora and Alex would seriously be best friends. I'd love to see them together.

Becky, yep said...

Hi Melanie! I'm Becky Tyler, we went to Butler together! Actually, My Dad, Tee Tyler, LOVES you! He'll be excited to see your blog...if you don't mind my sharing!!!

Just linked over from Amy Halverson's! how do you know Tiina? She's my husbands cousin...weird!

about going overdue...my first was 14 days and I probably needed another 10! It's brutal mentally! The desperation sets in once that hypothetical day comes and GOES!
Can't wait to see the pictures of your new little one!

ps, I think you just stopped by Amy Poulson's house a few weeks ago...she lives acrossed the street from me! We really should get together, we have so many people in common!

Happy Delivery!

Beach Girl said...

We send our love! You look great by the way, for being overdue.

Kelly Frye said...

Mel, I have been thinking about you. You go girl! I think it is going to happen this weekend!!!! :)

Annie said...

I'm glad Alex loves the tube as much as Elle...you should buy "Enchanted" for her - such a cute princess show and Elle LOVES it:) Good luck on the eighth!!!

Jay and Bec said...

I thought for sure you would've had your baby by now!! DOn't worry, if you do have to be induced, I'm one who didn't have a bad experience with that. At least you can spend time decorating! You are a girl after my own heart. I hope for both of us that one day, our houses will look exactly as we invision them!! I love your wreath!

Cheryl said...

You look so cute! I was wondering if you gave birth yet, hang in there! Very impressed by Chris' housekeeping skills, Alex is adorable, and I love the wreath!