Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I should have posted about this last Tuesday on the 25th when it was our Anniversary, but pregnancy brain took over. We celebrated our third year together, that's nothing, I know. It's been so great, Chris is such a joy to be married to. Our neighbor offered to watch Alex while we went out, FOR FREE, and that was a treat since the babysitting rates in our hood are a little steep for us. Anyway, we went to my favorite sushi restaurant, Ichiban, came home and watched 'Dan in Real Life' and ate ice-cream.

My top 3 reasons I love being married to Chris: (I thought I'd stick to the years we've been married!)

1. He makes me laugh, like the hard core gut laugh. We have such a great time together!

2. Loves his family, he's so cute with Alex and can't wait to have another little girl! He's also very spiritual and knowledgeable about the gospel and has an eternal perspective on life.

3. He has helped me to be more informed and interested in politics and current events, he's well read and knows alot about things and that makes for interesting conversations!

I love you Chris! I look forward to the next 50+ years!

9 comments:

Elly said...

Love that photo! And I'm not sure you stuck to 3 reasons you love him...I think that was more like 4 or 5. :)

♥Shally said...

You look beautiful in that picture!

Hope you are hanging in there...

Soon you will meet your baby! YAY!

kara jayne said...

Congrats!! That photo makes me want to see your whole wedding album!! Your night out sounds like a little piece of perfection. Sushi, great movie, and ice-cream with your favorite guy!! Didn't you LOVE that movie. Anyway, I'm excited for the arrival of the baby. Try to stay positive.

Tibett said...

I love this post! I love seeing old pictures of people. This one is way cute. Happy Anniversary!

Lisa Cannon said...

What a beautiful picture! I'm glad you two were able to get out and celebrate before the baby arrives. I love sushi!!!

Chris is such a great guy! You did great!!!

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet and the best picture. You sound like a very lucky girl.

I noticed your baby thing on the side... one day to go - eek. Good luck and enjoy the chaos to come... it will go by too fast for you!

love your blog!

The Thomas Family said...

Congrats you guys. Mel, I love your wedding photos. Don't you just wish you could do it again??!! I love reason #2... I know, seeing Ben with Benson just makes me love him SO much more!

Nordhoff Family said...

Congrats guys! Let us know when the baby comes and we will bring you dinner!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Holy crap you have not had that baby yet!!
You are so sweet you always leave the nicest messages! Thanks friend! And by the way you look great!! You are so cute prego! I hope all goes well and am so excited to see pictures of this little cutie!