Friday, July 25, 2008

Neighborhood Party

A few of us in our neighborhood planned a pretty kick-A party for Pioneer Day. Since we are all new to our development, I figured we needed to start a new tradition. So, we had a parade, a raffle, games, BBQ, fireworks and an award for the "Friendliest Neighbor". As the 3 of us were setting up in my yard, it was 5:55 and the parade was starting at 6:00. There was nobody at my house dropping off food etc. We were wondering where everyone was and worried that we wouldn't have the turn-out we had hoped for. One of my friends called her husband and he said there were 50 + people waiting at the designated parade start. As I started walking over and rounded the corner, this is what I saw! Such excitement.


Chris and Alex, with her sweet ride that I decorated.


The host and hostess with the mostest?


The view of about 1/3 of the people and kids watching the fireworks show that Chris put on. Next year, we going illegal!


This is how you can tell a girl has had partied her heart out! Let's just say the tub water was brown.

We had tons of fun and were so pleased that so many neighbors showed up, I counted about 250. Everyone seemed to have had a great time, it went so smooth. I think the tradition has begun!

15 comments:

Mama Williams said...

All I can say is You Guys Rock!

Beach Girl said...

What a fun party! We want to move into your neighborhood! Gosh, if we have 20-40 people it is a huge turnout for any party in our neighborhood.

Kristy said...

Thanks for a great new tradition! There was a ring around my tub left by my three dirty party kids!

Tibett said...

The party really was so much fun, Mel! thanks for inviting some of us from the other side of LakeBridge! We had a blast. And thanks for planning such a great event!

Lisa said...

Mel.....I found your blog through laci's.

The party was awesome! I was so happy to see what a great turn out there was. You did such a fabulous job!

Rina said...

What a fun night--Thanks for all your work!!

Cait said...

Looks like a fun party, I don't think I could EVER pull off a party that big! Great job!

Sunny said...

Ya, we pretty much rock. It was so fun. I'm glad it turned out so well. I've heard such great feedback. Thanks for letting us use your yard. It was so much fun. I'm already ready for next year!

Elango said...

Great job. Thanks, Mel & Chris.

dave&abby johnson family said...

How fun is that! You are soo cute and have such a cute family!

Melissa said...

Melanie,
I heard your party was a huge hit!! I'm sorry we missed it, we ended up staying at Lagoon until it closed. I look forward to next year's party though.

Julie said...

How fun! Can I come next year? I think it is so important to have parties with the neighbors. Here in Colorado it is a little different, but good nonetheless! I would love to be neighbors with you all!

Jay and Bec said...

Look at you! You guys are awesome! It looks like you had so much fun. What a great way to get to know everyone in your neighborhood!

The Thomas Family said...

Wow, that is impressive. I don't have the guts to try and put on something like that! But isn't it a great feeling to give your kid a bath after a long hard day of play??

LACI MICHELLE said...

That was a lot of fun! You did a great job planning it.