Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Babe!

Today is Christopher's birthday, he's 32 but only got to blow out one candle! I think he had a great one - although we celebrated it yesterday too and he told me in church today that I should give him "something" everyday this week for his birthday. (hahaha) So, I think this one is going to be a week long event!
Alex wanted to blow out a candle too. She' s been singing 'Happy Birthday' the last couple of days. I don't know if she knows that it's Daddy's birthday and not hers.


Last night we had a few friends over for a BBQ and games, I only got 2 pictures of the whole night. I think I have forgotten that I have a blog. The whole night was so much fun from the guys playing Bocci Ball and Badmitton and the girls taking the golf cart to see the horses to roasting marshmellows! We have such great friends. We also went and saw 'The Dark Knight' yesterday afternoon. Great movie although long and NOT for kids.


Some of the girls rallying on the golf cart! Reminds me of my younger years golfing at Willow Creek with my dad and thinking I was SO cool driving the cart!

Chris is such a wonderful person, I know I listed some of the reasons I love him on our Anniversary post but I'll mention some more here.

He has such a great sense of humor, he's not moody and I know I can always have a good laugh with him (just like we did today while we were napping)! He's smart and very passionate about his thoughts and opinions, I like that about him. He's easy to please, I bought him a push broom for his b-day and he was so excited he cleaned the garage yesterday! Ok, I'm sure he was just a little disappointed so I told him next year I'd really treat him well and buy him something cool or fun - like a lawnmower! He is such a wonderful father, when Alex gets hurt she wants her daddy because Chris is so focused on her and her owie and wants her to tell him all about it. Me, I kiss it better and tell her she's ok. When he comes home from work she runs to him with her arms open and crashes into him with a big hug. It's the cutest thing. Chris has alot of intergrity and has been so shocked in the business world that so many people lack honesty and integrity. I know he'll always treat people honestly. I love you Chris!

9 comments:

Sam and Josh said...

Melanie you have such a cute family and you look the same as usual So glad to have found you.

Mrs. J said...

Happy Birthday Chris! From the Jensens in O-Hi-O!!
We miss you guys and wish we could've been there to celebrate the b-day.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Chris!

Sunny said...

Looks like fun! Bummer we missed it. Happy Birthday Chris. Mike's birthday is this week too and he turns 32 as well. I don't think you could've fit one more person on the golf cart!

LACI MICHELLE said...

We had fun. We're bummed we couldn't stay long. Those cupcakes rocked. Happy Birthday Chris!

Rina said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!
I'm sure I can find a few things for him to sweep--ya know if he runs out.
XOXO

Nordhoff Family said...

Happy Birthday Chris! We haven't seen you guys in forever!

Jill said...

Looks like you had a fun b-day Chris!! What's your email? I don't think I added you to my blog now that it's private. Email me: jill.chappell@gmail.com

Jeff and Diana said...

fun that chris's parents have a golf cart now. happy late birthday chris. your sooooo old now! he he. alex looks adorable as usual!