Monday, August 4, 2008

Kirkland Family Reunion

Last weekend we has two family reunions for Chris' family. On Saturday we got together with Chris' birth dad's family. We haven't been that close to the Kirklands until last year when they started getting together themselves. It was so fun to meet and get to know the cousins better. Some live right near by us and we plan on getting together again soon!

The Aunts and Uncles. Mark was killed on assignment while working for the FBI back in 1977. His uncle Jay brought a box full of pictures of Mark for Chris and his brother Ken. It's amazing how much they both look like Mark. I will post some of the pics later, Ken has them to scan.


Alex with her second cousins. I think they kinda look alike. And her hair color is from the Kirkland side, a few of the cousins had the same color!


All the second cousins, they had so much fun playing in the water, dirt and getting prizes!


Aunt Mary Kay with Samantha. Uncle Brent and Mary Kay planned the whole thing, thank you so much for getting us all together!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

It was really great to get to know you guys! So, when are you coming to Cali!? :)

Lisa Cannon said...

All these family reunions. How fun! If only my family had a reunion...

How are you doing? The baby is getting so big! Time for another!!

Annie said...

Party after party huh?! Your neighborhood party looked like so much fun...I hope I live in a fun place someday:)

Nordhoff Family said...

That is so awesome that you started going to those reunions. I would love to see pictures of Mark. I have never seen any before. I am sorry we missed out on the Andrus reunion. I am sure you heard about our crazy hospital weekend.