Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Observer

The last few days Alex has been saying the cutest things. For example, the other night as I was getting her ready for bed she pointed to some homemade butterflies that are on her walls and said, "Look Mom, utterflies, so peetty, you make it? Thanks Mom!". Then yesterday she pointed to some plates I have on a wall in my kitchen and said, "So peetty, you make it?". I told her no and then she pointed to some frames on the counter that say Boo and she said, "you make it?". I said yes and then she continued to point to the mice, the broomsticks and other things I have made and asked"you make it?". I thought what an observant little two year old that she notices all the things I've been making the last few weeks. My favorite part was when she thanked me for the pretty butterflies in her room!


Some of the thrifty halloween things I've done, taken from Pottery Barn and Martha Stewart. Gotta love great ideas!


This was actually from this site, and so easy and cute and could be for a nursery or childs room. They are cuter than this picture leads you to believe, for some reason my camera would not take a clear pic.


Cheap and easy. $1 pumpkins at Wal-Mart and orange glitter and craft glue!


These ideas are from Martha and so easy and inexpensive but have really made my house look festive for Halloween!


Alex pets the mice and talks to them.

10 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Very cute decorations Mel! You've got to show us how to make those at Super Saturday!

my.three.sons said...

Mel the bell, your family is darling. So are your craft ideas! How fun! I'm coming to SLC soon, would love to stop in and see you if possible!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary said...

Love the crafts! Very cute ideas. Your girls are so adorable as well.

al + sar said...

I really need your talent...they are all so cute!

Lisa Cannon said...

You are fabulous! What a fun mom. I wish that I was as talanted as you are!!!

Cait said...

I absolutely LOVE all your little craft projects, So cute, as are your little girlies!

my.three.sons said...

Just in case you have no stinking clue who mythreesons is......Lisa Lundberg Peretti.

GNO still Rocks the Nation!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Holy crap Martha...oh I mean Mel! Way to go on the decorations, want to come decorate ours? You are such a great Mom.

Annie said...

Elle and I made those same little rats! ( Elle calls them ratatouilles...another one of her fave movies) Gotta love Martha!

Browns said...

Cute decorations, and I love the babylegs in your last post! You have an adorable little family. I am your sister Lori's sister-in-law (Glenn's older sister) and thought I would look up your blog after hearing about it from Lori telling my mom about it....anyways. Cute stuff.