Friday, November 14, 2008

Gratitude Turkey

(pretend it's not a forced smile)

I have so many things to be grateful for, first off I want to thank you all for your caring words. It's really nice to feel so loved by so many friends and family and for the phone calls too. We are doing great! I love this turkey that Alex is holding, we made it one night and wrote down all the things we are grateful for on his feathers. It adds quite a festive touch to my all ready "homemade" Thanksgiving decor. I am grateful for family and for Proposition 8 and for all the people in CA that have supported it and are now being persecuted, it's so sad and so wrong. True pioneers. Pray for them. We are lucky that the sanctity of marriage is being protected, for now. I am gratful for a hard working and loving husband despite my inability at times to show him. For a beautiful home and warm clothes and other material things we enjoy. Of course I am grateful for good friends, old and new! For my testimony and deep faith in Jesus Christ, without that I think there would have been some times in my life where I really would have faltered. For a healthy body, healthy and beautiful children. For liberty and freedom. For all the people who have gone before me and paved the way for me to enjoy the things I do today.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Speaking of prop 8 and it's effects, we got a call from our Elders Quoram Pres. last night. Men from my ward/stake are being asked to keep watch over the Draper Temple at night to prevent vandolism. Ryan will have to take a shift from 1 am to 6 am, stay in his car all night and walk around the building every 20 minutes. These are crazy times. Sad.

Mama Williams said...

What a great list! Glad you hear you so "up" and happy! You're just the cutest Mel and I love ya!

Rina said...

I haven't checked blogs lately--I'm sorry about your miscarriage. Hope you are doing well--you sound like you're taking it in stride. Thanks for the great example!

I am grateful for your friendship. You always have cheer & a smile to share with everyone. Thanks!!

Cait said...

I love that turkey! And I love that Alex is thankful for her binky, so cute. Your posts' are always so good, and well written, I really enjoy reading them.

heather said...

You are an amazing person!