Saturday, January 19, 2008

Retail Therapy!

My sweet mother-in-law Julia took me, Alex and my SIL Robyn and her litttle girl Samara to Nordstrom today. She had bought us the new knitted UGG's but said we could return them for something else. If it was November, I'd have kept them, but with spring around the corner I figured I'd get some spring/summer shoes. I got the cuties pictured above and also a wedge sandal that they are shipping to my house. So excited! Then we went upstairs and bought the girls stuff too - Alex got the cutest Easter dress and another outfit. Needless to say, we spent WAY more than what the UGG's cost. She then took us to lunch at the Cafe and then to get some chocolate covered strawberries. It was one of the BEST days I've had in a while. Chris has been out of town for 2 weeks and will get back tomorrow, so I needed someone to take his place and pamper me. Julia is such a generous and kind person. She kept thanking us for spending the day with her - um, yeah anytime! I'm the one that had a fabulous time, so thank you Jules, I love you!!



Alex raiding the shoe department - they start WAY too young!

Alex and cousin Samara having a great day of shopping, I love the smiles exchanged between the two.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Fabulous shoes!! There's nothing better than a day of shopping, especially when someone else is paying!! Love the look of your blog. You did a great job!

Lisa Cannon said...

Those shoes are darling. What a nice mother in law to take you girlies shopping! I'm jealous!!

MEG said...

Alex is so cute, I love her stylish outfit! I wish I could start thinking about spring, it is pretty cold here in Calgary, still needing the UGGS, flats not really an option unless you want them filled with snow!