Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet Reunion

When I heard the news last night of Pres. Hinckley passing away - of course I felt a little bit of shock, he seemed invincible. But then Chris and I started talking about the wonderful reunion he had on the other side. First with his sweet wife, Marjorie, and then with all the people he knew, his parents his siblings and other family members and friends and other church leaders he served with. Also, with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and all the great prophets of old and in the latter days. Then, think of ALL the people that knew and loved him that he didn't know personally. Wow, what a welcome! I loved him so much, his personality and charm were so endearing - he's one of a kind and will sadly be missed! Click on the link below to view some highlights of his serevice.


3 comments:

Cait said...

We started thinking about the exact same thing. I love how much he loved his wife!

Tiina said...

What a perfect picture!

Kelly Frye said...

Hey Mel: I had just written about Pres. Hinckley on my blog and then I went to yours and saw you wrote about him too! I stole your link though, I hope that is o.k. I figured if some of Shawn's family wanted to read more about him that would be a good place. Sorry for stealing! Your thoughts are very similar to mine on Pres. Hinckley!