Thursday, January 24, 2008

Too much T.V?

We have a mad passionate kisser on our hands! Last night while I getting Alex ready for bed, she says "kiss" and grabs my face and open mouth kisses me for quite a while and giggles. This morning, she did the same thing to daddy. I told Chris we watched 'Something's Gotta Give' and perhaps she saw too much of the kissing scene. He said when she starts cutting your shirt off, No More T.V!!

Yesterday morning while making breakfast, I looked over and saw this!! Chris plays X Box at night while she is sleeping - how do they know?? Notice the cell phone in her hand, she is obsessed with our phones. Basically anything Chris and I do, she wants to also do or play with. Do they all grow up SO fast? How much is too much t.v? She loves Little Einsteins and Baby Einstein - just out grew the Wiggles over the last 2 weeks, kinda glad about that. We do read alot of books and she plays with her pink kitchen, but there are times I need a break and want her to zone out in front of the t.v. Is that bad? Does anyone else do the same thing? Do I need some t.v intervention??

7 comments:

Jon and Emily said...

First of all, you worry too much :) "They" say no more than 2 hours of t.v./day for toddlers but just this morning I was watching Diego with Caden and got such a kick out of him yelling the answers to all the questions at the t.v.

The Thomas Family said...

You know, my opinion is that as long as you do other things, interact with others, get out of the house, etc, what's the big deal. I WISH Benson would zone out infront of a movie or something but he doesn't.
And Little Einstiens is a good one!

Lisa Cannon said...

Max is barely starting to show interest in the TV. And, it usually doesn't last very long. I'm with you though, sometimes you need a break!

Cait said...

I love how she holds his face when she kisses! I don't think T.V. is bad, Brooklyn doesn't really watch it now, she would rather just play, but I think as long as they don't sit there all day it just fine!

Kelly Frye said...

I don't think a little t.v. is bad, especially if you get a break and can be more attentive later on because you had that sanity break...atleast, that is how I view it!

Jay and Bec said...

I hate to say it, but I don't know what I would do without the t.v!! It sounds like you are doing a great job with Alex. You are a great mom!

Annie said...

Don't worry Mel...Monster's Inc. is my lifesaver:)