Monday, May 12, 2008

Alexandra May

Today our sweet little girl turned 2! Time flies. She has been such a delighful child to raise, always so happy and pretty obedient. Her smile and laugh are infectious! She is very aware of other people's feelings and observant of her surroundings. Right out of the womb she was staring at everyone that held her - like a deep soul stare! This picture is of her handing me my Mother's Day gift, beautiful flowers. She won't pose for the camera. Stinker.

Yesterday we celebrated her b-day with our familes at a combined Mother's Day dinner at Chris' parent's house. She loved her gifts, a tutu from Grandma Sue and a trike from G & G Andrus, just to name a couple.
The gluten-free cupcakes were a hit!

Today we had a little cupcake party with some of her neighborhood friends. We love cupcakes. Who doesn't? We ended up stripping the girls down so they wouldn't get their shirts dirty. I love this picture, Bentley eating her cupcake like a dog, Alex happy to be eating cupcakes again, Helen and Mayet focused on the task at hand. So cute.

Alex likes to act silly and rough house withe boys, older ones especially! She is curious and observant - when I get off the phone she asks, "whad say?" She minds pretty well and is very helpful with baby sister. She is independent and such a joy to have in our family. I look forward to the future with her but for now, I love all her precious moments. I'm lucky to be her mother! Happy Birthday Ally Magoo!

11 comments:

Kristy said...

The years fly by! I can't believe that my sweet first baby girl is five! Stella will be in kindergarten this year! Looks like she had a good time and plenty of yummy cake!

Lisa Cannon said...

I love Alex and her pig tails. She is such a dolly! I can't believe she is already two! That means Max's birthday is just around the corner.

Annie said...

Happy Big Two Alex!!! She's so cute Mel:) I'm excited that Di is staying with you while I'm in town - now I'll get to see your cute new babe for sure!

Cait said...

She is SO cute! I love that first picture of her holding the flower, and her tutu! Cupcakes really are heaven sent I think!

♥Shally said...

Okay, first...

That picture of the girls eating the cupcakes is THE BEST!! I laughed my head off looking at it!

Second...

HOW ARE YOU??? Newborns are so great, but soooo draining. Hope you are getting lots of help! :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

Happy birthday to your little girl! Look liked so much fun, and that last picture of all the girls is sooo cute!

AHT said...

How adorable is your cute Alex! I love these pictures of her. THis is your cousin steph by the way... Aaron and I finally have a blog if you would like to check it out. It is happilyevertreanor.blogspot.com

Love you! Hope all is well.

The Thomas Family said...

Happy Birthday Alex! gluten free cupcakes?? Recipe?
So, Ben and I are making a quick trip to Utah and I would LOVE to have an afternoon with you and Di... we'll be there May 30-June4. Free up an afternoon!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Alexandra!!
It looked like a great party Mel. I love the picture of all the girls with their shirts off, eating cupcakes. Isn't it crazy how fast the time goes? I can't wait to get the girls together this summer, it will be awesome.
How are you doing?

Sunny said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday! I love the Gluten free cupcakes and the picture of "Archie" signing the Jazz shirt. How cool!

Beach Girl said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Nothing is sweeter than little girls eating pink cupcakes!