Saturday, May 10, 2008

Archuleta and the Jazz




Posting from Chris.

So last night my dad gives me call, letting me know that he has some row 1 seats for game three. Of course I rescheduled my night. It was worth it, big time.

David Archuleta from American Idol sang the national anthem (If you watch the show, you'll see it Wednesday I'm sure. He was way good!) Here's some pics of him on the court, before and during his performance:
Then he went and sat just a few rows behind us, behind the press tables. So, I went and asked him to sign my Jazz shirt. Everyone in the arena got one. Think I can sell it on EBay?

Basically, I said, "You're awesome bro." His response: "Oh my gosh - you're so nice! Thank you so much!"

We sat just behind the team. The Jazz played well, and I think the final score was 104 Jazz, 99 Lakers. We booed Kobe all night. Senator Hatch sat by us. Kind of a snoozer fan.


My brother-in-law Jeff was at the game too and came and said hi to us during half time. Afterwards as we were going to our car, I heard someone yell out "I didn't see the stairs!" and I heard a crunching sound. I turned around to see a guy in a big powered wheel chair just completing a summersault and settling in right on his face at the bottom of a flight of terrace steps on the Jazz plaza. I ran back and within 3 seconds a dozen other people showed up as well. We all heaved him upright (that thing weighted more than you would think) and brought him down the stairs. He had really thick glasses, and was moaning in pain. I flagged down someone with a walkie-talkie and they got the medics on the way. Poor guy. All in all it was a very memorable night. Thanks Dad!

4 comments:

LACI MICHELLE said...

Dude. David Archuleta. That's awesome! And good game.

al + sar said...

SO JEALOUS Chris met David! Im pretty much obsessed with him! That's awesome!

Lisa Cannon said...

You sat by Borin Orin. Lucky that you got to go to the game!!! That is great that you got an autograph from David Archuleta. BIG BUCKS for sure!!!

Nordhoff Family said...

Wow Chris! What an eventful night. That is so awesome. I am so excited for you. You for sure will be able to sell that on ebay!