Monday, July 7, 2008

3 months old

Samantha is 3 months old already! She is at such a cute stage (what stage isn't?), she's been cooing and almost giggling and really interacting with us and that makes being a parent so FUN! I want to squeeze her so hard sometimes because I can't get enough. She has a very sweet and happy personality, a little angel.




This is my sister Di and her baby Reese who is 5 weeks older than Sam and my cousin Amiee with her son Nolan who is 10 days older than Reese. He's a big boy, and so cute!



Random, but cute of Alex and some of her friends in our neighborhood on the 4th of July. She loves playing alot lately - every morning she tells me "I go", I ask where and she usually says 'Tate's house". Her and Tate are such good friends, they play so well together...hardly any fights over toys and things. It's nice.


She doesn't usually respond to 'Sam', but you call her 'Mantha' and she looks right at you.

I found her asleep like this in her crib, she probably fought with it for a while and then gave up!



15 comments:

Becky, yep said...

That last picture is TOO MUCH! So sweet

Jeff and Diana said...

i can't believe you put hr to bed with head bands on. very glamorous! i love alex's skinny legs in her swim suit.

Melissa said...

Melanie,
You and Chris have such darling girls. I hope you are doing well. Call me if you get a chance, I'd love to get together with you & our kiddos.
~Melissa

dave&abby johnson family said...

You have such a cute family!! Your girls are too cute!

Jennifer said...

Mel, I love your pictures. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to meet your little girls. I love the photo of Samantha asleep with her headband over her eyes, except, I'm thinking "STRANGLING HAZARD!!!!!" Am I my mother's daughter, or what?

Julie said...

You look so dang good! And your girls are beautiful. I love the sleeping bow picture. Poor baby. What baby girl hasn't had that happen to her. It is part of being a girl!

MEG said...

So cute... your family picture is adorable, I can NEVER get a cute picture! I love that she sleeps with a headband on, I always worry that Olivia will strangle herself or something!

Cait said...

Cute girls. After reading Diana's comment I had to go back and look at Alex's legs, they're cute skinny legs!

Elly said...

Poor baby. No wonder she won't sleep anymore--she's probably afraid she'll wake up blind! Kidding. "Mantha"'s bows are darling. Good luck and hang in there!

LACI MICHELLE said...

I hate it when that happens with the bows.

Jay and Bec said...

You have a beautiful little family! I love the picture of all of you. You look great!

Tibett said...

I love that last pic! Poor thing...she's a cutie!

Aimee said...

Wow Nolan looks so fat next to Mantha and Reese. (and so do I. yuk). I love the bow over the eyes! Darling! Your girls are so beautiful!

The Thomas Family said...

Hey Mel... I know, 3 months and they already seem so big!! Aw, the last picture is so cute and kinda sad! She's a good girl to just deal with it... Claire certainly wouldn't. She is anything BUT an easy going girl!!

Anonymous said...

Chris
My name is Jim Ostvig, your birth father Mark was my Priest quorm's advsior in 1974 and 1975. He was a wonderful man. Both he and Julia were great influnces on my life at time when I needed thier guidance. I have such fond memories of times I spent in thier home here in Minneapolis. Mark sacrificed so much of his time for his priest's.

Please feel free to contact me.

Jim Ostvig
jimostvig@aol.com