Saturday, September 6, 2008

Something to blog about


Looks pretty suspcious, doesn't it? Can you guess what happened??



Yep, I locked my kids in the car (by accident of course) and it was a good thing I had started it and put the AC on full blast. I called 911 (for the 2nd time this summer!) and they came within 5 minutes. Luckily Alex and Sam were fine and had no idea what was going on.


The Hero. Engineer Kevin Holt


After the fiasco, they let all the kids get a tour of the fire truck, it was the highlight of our Higbee Family Reunion. Glad I could help out.


They gave the girls a cute little polar bear stuffed animal. Sam doesn't look amused over the shenanigans.

Alex and her cousins Olivia and Luke.

My beautiful mom, there to support since Chris was working today.



My dad took my keys after they rescued my kiddos and held on to them until I was ready to go. He's the responsible one.

The first time I called 911 back in June, we were watching my sisters kids and her little dog. I had all the kids piled in the Suburban and Chris had a truck so we needed to go pick-up a table and chairs from his parents house. One by one the kids left the car, even though I told them to stay put. I had the keys in the console and shut the door once Alex got out with Lauren, leaving Samantha and the dog in the car. The second I shut the door Roxy came running to the door and stepped on the automatic lock and locked the door! I ran inside and called 911. They arrived within 5 minutes but meanwhile Roxy was standing on Samantha and barking in her face and she was hysterical! Everything was fine, although I was a little uneasy and anxious. The moral to my two stories is: HIDE-A-KEY! I'm getting one on Monday.

9 comments:

♥Shally said...

I have done that before!

ONSTAR is my best friend.

Lisa Cannon said...

OK, that is hilarious. I have to admit that I've never done that before. Where is some wood??? Now that I say that I'm sure I'm next!

Jamie said...

That was pretty funny! I actually locked Katelyn in the car last summer! It is scary when it happens, but funny later. I lose my keys everyday, but rarely leave them in the car

Julie said...

I have done it many times unfortunatley. That is why we have onstar. It is a beautiful thing!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Mel... you are too funny!

Mama Williams said...

I can't believe you are smiling in that picture! Calm, cool, and collected. That's you Mel! I hope you can laugh at it latter. I locked my girls in the car 2x when we lived in Moab, There's something about 2 little ones under the age of 3 that does it to ya. :)

Jeff and Diana said...

i am so glad that you just told everyone you are getting a hide-a-key! ha ha. i am sad i missed the fun!

Tiina said...

How scary! That is something I would probably do!

Elly said...

Scary! I locked the keys in the car so many times before we even had kids to leave in there, too, that we started carrying those hide-a-keys around a long time ago. But now I have a combination lock on my car door. Except whenever I lock someone in the car I have to call Brian because I can't ever remember the combo. And so it's still pretty embarrassing. Glad your girls are OK!