Friday, December 19, 2008

Blame the Fairy...or praise her!

We finally gave up the binky. Well, the Binky Fairy took them....Alex left these two binky's on the doorstep (we had 7 a month ago...I'm sure they'll turn up sometime!).

I took her upstairs to read a book and we came back down to see if the Binky Fairy had come and she had!

The proud new owner of a Maltese, which she named Roxy and wanted me to take a picture of her with her present.


The proud parents!
The rest of the story: That night she cried for her binky for a while and didn't want Roxy anymore. She threw her and said the Binky Fairy wasn't very nice for taking her binkys. I had to lay down with her after Chris had already tickled her back and tried to calm her. She finally drifted off to sleep after 2 hours of being upset and calling for her binky. Yesterday after her nap she had a good cry, I knew it was her mourning the loss of her binky. Last night she went right down and hasn't asked for her binky at all today. I'm proud of Alex for learning how to self soothe and for being a big girl. I've enjoyed having that thing around but enough is enough when I have to sak Alex 100 times a day to take that thing out! I've taken it away and said it was only for sleeping and in the car but she finds them and sucks them and when I go to take it away it's a battle. No more binky battles! Hooray!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Ally girl looks so cute and precious in these pics! Good for her doing good with out the binky!

Mama Williams said...

Good for you!!! What a hard thing to do, but you DID it!! The binky fairy should leave YOU something new.

Rina said...

YAY!! It is a hard thing to say goodbye. Two of mine were binkie lover's I know the pain.

Magdalena said...

Now about Ayda's thumb? Can the Binky Fairy do anything for that habit? Your big girl looks soooo much like Chris, she is just beautiful!

AnneMarie said...

The key here is to throw away the binky so they can never be found. Braden has been off the binky for about 6 mo. now UNTIL he found one through the move!!! We are going to have to have yet another visit from the binky fairy, boo.

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Mel,
Your fam is beautiful and I am going to remember the binky-fairy bit for mine when they're older... do fairies visit boys too?

What an awesome and fun mom you are!

Merry Christmas-
suite