Sunday, December 7, 2008

"I Love Everything.."

(attempt #12....but you get the gist of a dancing happy child)

Imagine the title to this post as a song, sung by a 2 1/2 yr old without a care in the world. Got it in your mind? Good. That's what I was hearing in the car yesterday as we drove home.
I love the perspective of a child.
We went to a birthday party for a cousin, Alex got to play with their toy horse, finger paint and eat a cupcake. Next we went and did a little Christmas shopping and on the way home from that we stopped at Harmon's. Santa Claus was there handing out candy canes and free pictures. As we walked away from "Santy Claus", Alex was thanking him for the candy cane and told him Merry Christmas. Then she spotted the balloons at customer service, so we had to stop there for a free balloon. As we left the store, she ran out and was jumping and dancing and singing...."I love Christmas, I love everything..." and so on and so forth. Melted my heart......of course. In the car she was saying "perfect" and listing all the things she did and saw. Up until that moment I was a little tired and looking forward to going home and nap time, then I thought, this IS the perfect day.

9 comments:

MEG said...

I love it, I wish I had a happy girl that would sing that! She is so cute.

Mrs. J said...

Yep, We are looking so forward to coming too! We can't wait to see you all and catch up on all the latest. thank you ahead of time for letting us camp at your house for a few days. Till then, Amy

Aubrie West said...

Thanks for coming to Hailey's party. We had so much fun, and Hailey loves the pink bunny Alex gave her. She took it to bed that night.

Rina said...

Super cute. I love hearing my kids sing--it's so innocent and sincere.
-I would so love to have a craft day with you.

Rina said...

P.S. I was totally teasing you about the ugly sweater--it was a subliminal message to you that I'm excited. I figured you didn't have an ugly sweater--you dress way too cute. I WISH I had an ugly sweater they are going for $$$ on ebay :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

She is so cute!!! What a darling little girl you have!

Jay and Bec said...

So Cute. I LOVE your pictures too. They are beautiful!

The Thomas Family said...

Aw, that is really sweet. The simple things that make a little person's world perfect- they are so innocent! Benson will be singing that Christmas when we give him a bottle of gatorade that he can drink all by himself and as much of it as he wants at a time!!

AnneMarie said...

Wouldn't the world be such a different place if we all had the postive attitude to a two year old! What a great moment to hear your daughter sing - I LOVE EVERYTHING! Here's to the small things in life!